View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2020 at 01:10 AM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your insight TunedOut. I could use this tip about cooling myself off before spewing negativity, because often times earlier in life I found that I have very little space to process adverse situations. Lots of problems could’ve been avoided if I had practiced better boundaries before I allowed at one point to let everyone walk all over me with their negativity or neediness. Maybe I just needed the right people to talk to which I think is what I’m finding on these forums.

I think in my case, thankfully I am able to remember many positive characteristics off this friend. Like he is highly goal-oriented, loyal, and has an old fashioned charm to his personality. He just happened to be rather unsupportive of my more recent life choices. So I guess he considers me enough of a friend to send me this announcement, and I probably would too if I was in his shoes. But also have friends who live closer to me and have achieved a sort of confidante status far longer than this said friend. My current friendships are more balanced and more likely ones I would call upon first for an emergency or crisis. And besides if I let his opinions start to control me I know mine won’t get anywhere with him. I just don’t like this feeling as if I’m part of a dying breed who is single, or feel like I have to be dating or married to be liked and respected.

And thanks for letting me know of your experiences also. Congrats for this success in your life!

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut