View Single Post
nottrustin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
375 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Rather than take over the other thread I decided to start a new one. What role does your therapist play in your life is it strictly profession T vs. Cleint our is there another role they play?

Long term T was like an Aunt to me. We could talk about almost everything. We really cared about each other. She gave me lots of support and was very compassionate. She taught me a lot about life, parenting, etc. She wasnt a mother figure because well she didnt have use discipline. Nor did I ever feel completely sure she wouldn't have enough with me and say see ya unlike my mom who was stuck with me.

Emdr T while she is very supportive and compassionate, I am in a different place in life and I do not need her to provide guidance in some of the area I needed T (although it wourdbe nice). It is pretty much just a professional role. Maybe like a coworker, you enjoy each others company, you suppport each other and are friendly as long as you are working together. When one of you leaves the relationship often ends.

Last edited by nottrustin; Oct 25, 2020 at 12:52 PM..
nottrustin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
coolibrarian, SlumberKitty, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, coolibrarian, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2, RoxanneToto, Taylor27