View Single Post
SomeoneToUnderstand

Member Since Oct 2020
25 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2020 at 04:20 PM

All of your reply sounds unsettlingly like a carbon copy of my life. I’ve only just broached this threshold after years of depression and anxiety; a mom that just really was not there; and, finally breaking my silence and asking my only sibling about mom. Amazingly, I was not the only one although my sibling was somewhat favored. It’s like over the past twenty years mom has became much disconnected. She’s had a couple of marriages that ended in her being a widow but regardless of who she was married too - his children were the best. My sibling and I both see this commonality. Mom is so impressed with the fact stepbrothers work with government agencies...which, neither me or my sibling is a failure...we are both college educated and hold good jobs. She will drive a 100+ miles to see the steps but not one mile to see me 🤷🏻*♀️. She is so impressed with the socioeconomic stuff but I’m a private person and rarely speak of it.

I think this has become a vent rather than a reply! I’ve felt better since getting this out to other people - so, I guess there was genuine value.

Be well!
SomeoneToUnderstand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, KBMK, MsLady, MuseumGhost, nonightowl, RoxanneToto, TerryL

Thanks for this!
KBMK, nonightowl