View Single Post
HarperF

Member Since Oct 2020
7 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2020 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliviab View Post
Regarding ruptures, I thought you were clear/careful in your wording and I didn't get the impression that you think it's all the clients' fault. I just think the literature--especially the psychoanalytic approach and the concept of transference--treat it as such. I was sharing (what I think is) some mutual frustration with you over that fact, and over the lack of literature about how Ts contribute to ruptures. I do see you taking on a lot of responsibility for repairing this rupture--I hope your T is taking on a lot of the responsibility as well. The two of you could do some really good work around this. And I hear you on wanting to end well, not just for the corrective experience, but to avoid future awkwardness in a small community. Good luck with this--I hope you'll keep us informed.
Ah, I'm so glad to read this. Yes, there are a couple of analysts using transference as a bludgeon, to have power over the relationship. It was pretty liberating reading the works of Greenson, Mitchell, Aron, Safran, Muran, etc. that not all psychodynamically oriented therapists share the ways of the neoclassical movement. (T is integrative, not clean dynamic, but has elements in the stack from the British object relations school)

Yes, T is very keen on taking the responsibility. Actually T is pretty zealous of taking responsibilities. T is an amazing therapist, who helped me overcome pretty harsh as well as hard-to-see difficulties in life. I have trust that we can resolve this, and I will post updates to this thread.

I'm very grateful for your responses. You are a really great help!
HarperF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2, SalingerEsme