Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 26, 2020 at 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneToUnderstand View Post
Fuzzybear,

Thanks for chiming in. I understand about being a private person because I am generally “that person” too. I feel fairly comfortable here and who better to ask than those similarly situated in some form. I get what you are saying...it is overwhelming how much people’s lives can be so similar. Seems as if I see some trait in each person’s response that is a duplicate of my own.

I truly feel my mom was disconnected and depressed for a long time, likely from some questionable issues in her youth. Pure speculation but with good cause. Lots of questions regarding her childhood and youth that still are unknown. Maybe it’s just a viscous cycle but...those are meant to be broken, right?

Be well!
I think my mother also had some questionable issues in her youth (I can definitely think of some..)

I once said to an aunt something about the parental units ''marriage''

It was actually a ''sham''.... harsh I know, but ''true'' sadly.

I have no idea why I said that to the aunt. As expected, she completely invalidated me with a one liner...

''That's your opinion''

Thank you so much ''Aunty''... not

The other aunt ''hated'' me even more.

I am not sure what happened to them when they were very young, they seemed to be quite ''spoilt'' (as the mother had told me I was.... completely untrue, I experienced emotional neglect and abuse, bordering on physical neglect ) They were certainly very ''well off'' money wise. Something that the Narcissistic - probably Sociopathic - paternal unit found attractive... for a time. He LOVED money and spent all of it on himself and his bytches (the mother and I wore... not literally rags.. but usually horrible second hand clothes GGrrrrr.

No wonder I turned into a bear, right?

Sorry about the rant.

Thanks for this thread, I also think that the cycle (or whatever it is) needs to be broken. I think being able to share more openly than most will ''permit'' (irl) can be healing.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, KBMK, MuseumGhost, RoxanneToto, SomeoneToUnderstand

Thanks for this!
KBMK, nonightowl, SomeoneToUnderstand