View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Oct 26, 2020 at 08:27 AM

I'm not a Bible expert. As far as I know - there are references to hell (weeping and gnashing of teeth. But I think the war between the angels is all Milton. But it's a great story, and a piece of Milton did make it into my novel.

So speaking of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I can't remember what I've posted, but I've been away for a while. If I repeat myself - well - it won't be the first time.

Through Unfamiliar Waters is published. Yay! Somehow the version that is published is an older version, and doesn't have all the latest changes in the manuscript. Someday, I will get around to writing a second edition, but, i can't face that right now. If there's a way to get me a snail-mail address without sharing the info with the whole internet world, I'll send you a book for free. (You is any of the people I've been chatting with, not just R.) This is step one of my marketing plan. Also, the Kindle version is published. The Kindle version is the correct version.

Meanwhile, I'm back to working on Temporary Address. It's the prequel to Through Unfamiliar Waters. If you self-publish something and don't like it, you can always change it. Ta-da! I knew my writing has improved since I wrote it, and I knew that people might want to read my books in order, so I figured I'd spruce it up. Shock of shocks! I really didn't like it. (how's that for great - sarcastic - marketing strategy. Anyway, I'm trying to fix the parts I don't like and put out a second edition. I've gone from "this is so terrible, I'll never get it good enough" to "maybe there's hope" To "there's definitely hope."

Interesting observation. I was visiting my mother-in-law a couple of days ago. She's in a nursing home. (a really good one. Good nursing homes do exist - who knew!) The staff brings her to the front of the building, and we visit through the glass. She can't hear much, I write what I'd say on a dry-erase board. So I'm writing, and my husband nudges me. "You forgot the R" "What?" " There's an "r" at the end of "remember." "Oh,"

So I write another note. "you left out a word," he said. "No wonder you have so much trouble editing your novel."

He's not wrong. Later, I wrote a note to a friend on the flyleaf of my novel, and I left out a word, and had to sign another book for her. I hope this isn't all too much information.

So, go do marvelous things, everyone. Or just do small things, but do them with heart.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote