View Single Post
singularity01

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Oct 26, 2020 at 01:25 PM

Well, I'm not certain that I have BPD, but I feel like I might. I feel the most stressed by my friendships right now to point where I think I might try just not communicating with friends for a while. I am very back and forth with my friends. I have been married for 18 years now. I do not feel the same kind of stress in my relationship with my husband because I feel like he knows me. He's the only person that I think does. If it was a new relationship, I think I would feel that stress though. Also, we separated a few years ago and that was terrible for me... trying to establishment new relationships was incredibly hard for me. I know now that my husband is the best person for me to be with. I think I would be a complete mess all the time with I wasn't with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyche89007 View Post
I guess I consider myself a high-functioning Borderline. I do very well mostly when I'm on my own or just with friends and I'm getting much better at setting boundaries and communicating with friends. The healthy emotional distance required/expected right off the bat with friendship also makes that easier. I am better than before at resolving conflicts at work and coping with daily stressors.

But I feel like my 'crazy' comes out when I take a lover or date. I get involved emotionally WAY too fast and I have no idea how to draw boundaries. I hate that the intimacy I crave so intensely is also what destroys my sanity, consumes me, sometimes keeps me up at night wondering if I'm enough and if this relationship will drag me down to the depths of hell or 'reinvent' me into a better person which is also a crock of sh/t but god, that's what I want.

The issues go on and on: Trying think for the other person/play detective, expecting the worst, paranoia about their loyalty, et cetera. My behaviors make me feel guilty, embarrassed, and ashamed of myself. The fear of being vulnerable and sharing things about myself, or my body, and then being betrayed or ignored and so on makes me unhappy and always on edge.

And the terror of potential rejection or breaking up is always on the back of my mind ... the inability to see what's ahead, constantly trying to spot 'danger' or warning signs, just leads to more inner turmoil. It is SO exhausting. I wish I knew how to be NORMAL in a relationship!!!!

Anyone else relate?
singularity01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote