View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 27, 2020 at 06:21 PM

I was never that into fads, but I do remember some mentioned above. I remember my mother bought me a Cabbage Patch Kid and also a few little beanie babies, that were ultra popular. She meant well, but they weren't really for me. More for her. At one point I had a talk with her and let her know that I didn't really like dolls, or stuffed animals, and to please stop buying them for me. The only doll I ever really liked as a kid was Barbie, and that was mostly because I wanted to play adult cool lady. Not mommy. I did like a giant Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal that I had at maybe 3 years old, but I was told that I tried to put Winnie on the toilet to go to the bathroom and it fell in. Mom had to toss poor Winnie. After that I never wanted another stuffed animal. I was more of a tomboy type, anyway. A fort and my bike were more my style.

I remember Hackysack balls. I never played it, but they were ultra popular when I was a young teen. Oh, one thing I was into were legwarmers in the early to mid 1980s. I was serious about ballet, so it was natural that I wore them then. If you don't know what they were, just google "1980s legwarmers".

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Oct 27, 2020 at 06:35 PM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
*Beth*