View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 28, 2020 at 12:31 AM

Hello world. D, I just pm'ed you with my mailing address and bit of other contact information. Thanks.

I'm looking hard at my opinionated-argumentative-advocacy-activist self. That side of me is worn out. With the likely approval of this property transfer on Monday, the most intense advocacy project of my life will close a chapter.

I also see a lot of this side with my partner. So today, after a morning mediation on what I'm weaning away from and what I'm adding (is there an opposite term to weaning?) I found myself twice simply saying, "Well, I'm not going to argue about it." And really feeling fully calm and OK with it. One I still recall, the other is already faded out of memory. Ha!

Refreshing. I'm recalling a scene from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. After Paul Newman and Katherine Ross enjoy a bike ride to the musical score of "Raindrops keep falling on my head" which never made any sense as it was shot on a clear day ... anyway I distract.

After this bike ride, she wonders if she and Butch would be together if they'd met first. Newman says in some Arabian countries sharing bike ride is akin to being married.

The Sundance Kid steps out on the porch in his skivvies and sees them hugging.
Sundance Kid: Hey! What are you doing?
Butch: Stealing your woman.
Sundance: [Going back inside] Take her. Take her.

Most times, most days, most issues, the difference of opinion is not worth the breath to argue about it. Even when you're a crack shot like the Sundance Kid.
Refreshing.
I'll practice again tomorrow. And the day after that and the day after that.
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote