View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 28, 2020 at 01:25 AM

Thought I was due to give an update because I haven't in a while. I felt pretty good yesterday, and except for waking up so early this morning (hopefully, I can take a nap later), expect to feel good today. My last chemo was on October 20th and the further I get from that day, the better I feel. When the chemo is at it's worst, I have deep muscle aches in my thighs and shins plus is seems to activate muscle aches in all the places in my body that have prior injuries and I have a "hung over" (headache and dehydrated) feeling. During the days right after chemo, I get dizzy, very tired and sleep a lot but all that sleep is a blessing because I sleep through the worst part. I do have some nausea but that is also a blessing because I was 20 pounds overweight and now am only about 8 pounds overweight. I used to have borderline high blood pressure (they didn't treat it but were watching it because it was about 130/85) and now, either because of the chemo or the weight loss, it is plenty low. When I feel dizzy, right after chemo, it is usually lower than ideal but otherwise, when I check it, it is exactly where it should be. My last chemotherapy is on November 4th and I will also speak to a surgeon that day. They still need to schedule my surgery to remove all the cancer. My oncology doctor said they will know the most about my progress when they look inside at what is going on during surgery. I have a wait and see attitude about it.

I am lucky that I have a husband who treats me with love and caring when I am not feeling well. It is a blessing to know that your partner loves you and he has loved me for more than 33 years. Whatever happens, I have a blessed life and a lot of support. I am enjoying life one day at a time.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous32451, Discombobulated, TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
*Beth*