View Single Post
Anonymous42048

Default Oct 28, 2020 at 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinit View Post
It could also be that this therapist isn't the right one for you. Ask the question and if the answer doesn't feel right for the amount of time you have invested with them, then I might look for another therapist.

It might also not be narcissism. People on the autism spectrum are often mistaken for being narcissists. Has anyone ever asked if you might have autism (old days it was called Asperger's) or does anyone in your family have it?
No, no, and no. I was half-man when I first time met my therapist. She gave me a lot and I'd even say she changed me life... for the better.

I know how to talk to people and I've always been great at public speaking, so Asperger doesn't fit... Furthermore, as far as I know, Aspies feel lost in social situations, I'm more of manipulative scumbag with no moral spine kind of guy.

My father had some narcissistic traits. He was very impulsive and you had to tread lightly 24/7 if you wanted to stick with him.

My therapist basically told me that I show some strong traits of NPD with significant amount of APD characteristics when I'm in distress. I work on managing it and it's working for me and for people around me. I am capable of understanding particular situations in rational way. I know how to voice my feelings most of the time... I had to learn how to do it ofc.

The problem is that I can't really believe that I could let someone come closer and be okay/comfortable with that state when he/she could easily hit me right in the face (not literally ofc). I can't even picture such situation.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote