TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

TunedOut has no updates.

3 yr Member
6,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2020 at 02:33 AM

Except at some of the dreadful high school dances I attended (I can't dance well at all), I never thought of myself as socially anxious because I was talkative in my classes (liked to participate) but always had a very small group of friends in hs and college. Given that my current situation is that my husband is my only close friend, I do think I have have anxiety about different things that makes me feel like a misfit. For example, when I put out the trash earlier this week and my neighbor across the street showed me his new flag and flag pole enthusiastically, I agreed it looked great but felt extremely self conscious (making me very quiet) about my hair loss (though I wear a hat when I go outside). Before that, for the longest time I felt uncomfortable talking to people in the neighborhood because of my 2015 attempt where fire trucks, ambulances, and many police cars came. That 2015 attempt still makes me feel like I have a serious mental illness (and ever since I manage my mental illness daily) which makes me feel like a misfit.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, dzrtgirl, Fuzzybear, Kriss, Skeezyks, zapatoes