Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2020 at 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
I bought chicken wings at the grocery store today. Wanted to make hot wings. So when I got home, I set them out for 20 minutes to warm. Turned on the oven to preheat and waited. I cut the wings in half into the drumstick and "wing" portions and baked them. Then after 45 minutes they were done so I dunked them in buffalo sauce and put them back in the oven on broil. The smoke alarm started going off so I got on the step ladder and blew on the sensor which stopped the alarm from going off. BUT, it would just go off again and again. Then I took the chicken out of the oven and it had burned! Alarm still going off. I opened the balcony door and took the chicken outside. I got out both fans and blew one in by the door and the other blowing out in the window. I ate the chicken and when I came back in the heat had turned on because it got so cold in here. It was about 50 degrees out. I put a coat on and sat outside and ate the chicken wings. Meanwhile, the apartment had cooled down so the heat turned on. I cleaned up the dishes and the air was clean enough that the alarm didn't go off again. How am I supposed to cook if when I turn the oven on the smoke detector goes off? Its not that there is anything burning in there (except the chicken wings!- they were cooked perfectly except the burned part).

I tried to get N1 to come over here and get her mail that I have for her but she never showed up. Didn't call or anything. No call no show. Meh. Now I'm freshly showered and in pajamas. Gotta do laundry tomorrow. Friday, I need to pay the rent. I just paid the rent! But that was for October and when I pay November's I'll be caught up. I also need to pay my credit card on the 4th. I used it to pay my gas and electric bill so I won't have to pay it for another month. I still have to pay my internet bill. That's more expensive than my gas/electric now that I'm in a smaller place! I hope I can use the money I'm saving well.
How close to your oven is your smoke detector? In my house, it is so close that almost every time I broil it goes off. The builders must think all people do is boil water. Also, whatever2013 has a good point about oven cleanliness, but you are new in the apartment, so I am assuming that is not the issue, though even one spillage or a few crumbs on the oven floor can cause smoke.

The wingers sound good. I think they can even handle a little bit of burning and still be tasty.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bpcyclist