View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,528 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Oh, pfrog, I hear you about docs and mental health problems. I can tell watching their body language when they get to the part of my chart that lists my diagnoses and/or meds. Combine depression with fibro and CFS and the immediately act like everything is in my head. I really love the ones that want to start playing with my psych meds. It took my pdoc a me years to find the combination that works for me. No way in hades am I making changes without his input. When i suggest they call him for a consult they usually shut up about it.

I once had a GP give me a script for Savella (sp?) for fibro. It's a damned good thing I'm a label reader. I noticed it was related to SSRIs. I'm already on two SSRIS. I know it's possible to cause a serotonin storm if you take too many drugs that work on serotonin. I held taking the samples she gave me until I saw my pdoc. I'd never seen him angry before or since, but man he was pissed. He told me the med could have made me very sick if I took it. Next time I saw the GP she didn't understand what the problem was. I promise not to go off on a tirade about docs prescribing meds they know nothing about, but man o live don't ya think they ought to know something about how it works and contraindications before writing a script!?!?

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451, Anonymous41006