View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 30, 2020 at 07:41 AM

I come from a dysfunctional family and married an emotionally abusive man. We later divorced after I ran away from him. My mother is very cold and has no sympathy for anybody except for herself. My brother is also the same way and suffers from victimized syndrome. I realized some time ago despite my illness that this is my life and that although my parents did not show me how to act properly or be whole as a person, I am responsible for my actions and feelings. I am happier now because I am alone and doing things on my own. I think being independent and having the freedom to do as you please is important. I would distance yourself from your mother or other toxic family members. I have done so and so far am doing well. The only thing I worry about is my mental health. I have been taking my medication faithfully daily ever since I have been on my own. I also realized I am attracted to abusive men and don't want to get involved with men anymore. I am currently in contact with another abusive man and am trying to distance myself from him. He is not good for me and I know this so I keep my contact to a minimum. I am trying to focus on my work and sleep when I can. This has helped me to feel good about myself. If I did nothing all day and worried about my past and my family, I would not be stable. I feel blessed about my situation now. I am free and know I must continue to work for my independence and remain stable to remain healthy. Hopefully, you can find something to keep your mind off from thinking about your family and stay away from abusive relationships.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, KBMK, MuseumGhost, nonightowl, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, KBMK, nonightowl, RoxanneToto