View Single Post
lilacsnow

Member Since Jul 2017
87 hugs
given
Default Nov 02, 2020 at 11:02 AM

It can be very challenging but I found accepting what I needed to do to self care was key. So number one was getting enough sleep or if unable to, rest, because I found that impacted on everything else.

Then working out what medication was actually helpful and the best level to take by trying to work with a pdoc. Accepting I needed some medication for stability whilst I worked on things was key but I have to admit in the end I felt they wanted me to take too much. Feeding back to staff if you're struggling to cope on it as soon as you notice issues and having a mental health advocate to put your case across with you can be very helpful.

Eating healthily, getting some housework done, budgeting and getting enough exercise really filled the rest of the time. Combining any of these with social contact or seeing friends purely for enjoyment was important.

For me, i had to learn over and over to go gently at times.

Finding something you enjoy can make a big difference too.

I found cbt one to one with a psychologist helpful for a time . One book used was called Mind OverMood.

In the end I found that folliwing things helped move me forward - recognising there had been some trauma and exploring that a little once I was stable enough, seeing friends regularly, and faith.

Oh and I nearly forgot to say I take supplements. Vitamin c at a high dose daily, plus others. I used to take omega 3 for a while and i noticed the difference when I started it.

Id recommend keeping a diary or calendar!! Or putting together a template for a weekly timetable. It's possible to get tear off weekly planner sheets - but go easy. I couldnt manage more than a couple of things a day sometimes and at times felt I needed to sleep.
lilacsnow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote