Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 02, 2020 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalo59 View Post
Lately, I have this 'real' feeling of being trapped inside me mind, really trapped.

My body is moving about, I'm washing dishes, took my morning walk, fed myself, but all through the day (and for days now), it feels like I am disappearing into place inside my head and everything else is getting further and further away.

My body feels like a coffin. That's the best I can describe it.

And I feel like my sense of time is going. Not the first time but I lost a whole day last week. I can't remember anything about it. I live alone so that freaks me out a bit.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?
Im sorry but we cant speculate what this is in you. in me my treatment providers call getting stuck in my head by many things (mostly psychosis) but do not call it a dissociation problem in me.. short version dissociation reality remains intact. so they diagnose based on whether my feeling far away is accompanied by other dissociation symptoms ie mentally numb, knowing Im still here in reality just mentally feeling like Im sinking. and unfeeling emotionally. Vs psychosis (being trapped, caged, or stuck in my mind, or belieivng I am disappearing, evaporating, ghost like, invisible)

when Im just feeling dissociation symptoms then they rule its part of my dissociative disorders, but if what Im feeling is accompanied by psychosis symptoms they rule it as being one of my other mental or physical health problems and make changes to my meds.

my suggestion is contact your doctors, they will be able to tell you what this is inside you (which is something that we can not do here on psych central)
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote