Member Since Oct 2017
9,784 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 02, 2020 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwilldiealone View Post
Hello,

I am almost 40 and have only had one serious relationship that ended horribly when I learned she never loved me and was just using me for money. I have recently tried online dating, which only results in either someone trying to scam me or just no longer responding and ignoring me.

I have come to realize that my ex-wife is right, I am unlovable, and I will be alone for the rest of my life. I am trying to find information (ideally a book or video) on how to accept this and still have some measure of happiness that will allow me to live for at least another 10 to 20 years without feeling like I failed in life and that I am less than human.

I have done multiple searches online, including searches of books with online book sellers, and I have found absolutely nothing to help me with my problem. Is there no research on this? All I have found so far is trite nonsense that does not apply to me. I would greatly appreciate anyone who can at least point me in the right direction.
No one should have ever said that to you. You are loveable you just attracted the wrong people. Check out Lisa A Romano abandonment on youtube and read her book divorce codependent no more and she has counseled, Susan Anderson abandonment. Jerry Wise and Mark Smith family tree counseling has great self help video and books as well as counseling. Kati Morton has self help video and does counseling.

I'm lonely to.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
spider100, unaluna