View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 05, 2020 at 04:22 AM

I finished my last chemotherapy (hopefully forever but if my cancer comes back, chemo is to only approved, effective treatment for the type of breast cancer I have): Receptor-negative breast cancer: The quadruple threat - YouTube
My oncologist originally told me, there is a 65 percent chance he can cure it (stage 3, triple negative) and I have seen and heard 60 percent chance in many places. My understanding is that how I responded to the chemotherapy will tell me much about what my real chances are. I am scheduled for a PET scan on November 17th. When I talked to the surgeon, we tentatively decided that I will have a full masectomy on one breast in 5-6 weeks. Hopefully the tumor is now a dead mass. The kind of cancer I have usually responds well to the first rounds of chemo; however, the surgeon also said if the chemo spread to other organs, there would be no reason for surgery, instead, it would make more sense to go back on chemotherapy. I looked at all my records, I have not been tested for the Androgen receptor (a new receptor being researched which will provide new cures for about 40 percent of people who have Triple Negative Breast cancer--in the future, some will have an even worse diagnosis than Triple Negative Breast Cancer--Quadruple Negative Breast Cancer). Hopefully, the PET scan will show all the cancer was destroyed.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Discombobulated, possum220, TishaBuv, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Discombobulated