Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 05, 2020 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
How did the appointment go @TishaBuv?
I told him the meds are working a little more, because I knew he would ‘fire’ me, if I didn’t say so. He actually said, “I was going to fire you, but won’t since they are working.” They are working a little in the respect that I still have the same triggers, but I am more able to lift myself up sooner and I am always the one to lift others- they will not do that for me... most of them.

I originally thought and have been struggling with if the nature of my emotional reactions are simply interpersonal, or is there something biologically wrong with me.

I’ve seen so many others here speak about their disorders as though they are just that, and separate from their relationships with other people who are extremely difficult people.

I don’t feel like I have an emotional disorder and that I would react this way with any people in any situation. Also, my other friends and situations past and present did not trigger any emotional issues.

For those who want to go off meds, I’ve gone back and forth with it. Right now, I weigh the pros and the cons. If these meds are helping at all, I will stick with them.

My doctor said he likes feeling like a hero, so if the meds don’t work, he’d ‘fire’ me. I told him since he has helped me, even a little bit, he is my hero.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, SlumberKitty