Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 06, 2020 at 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=TishaBuv;6967186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
When the surgeon's office called me yesterday afternoon to schedule my surgery; they also called my oncologist which resulted in a surgery date of November 24th. I must admit to feeling a bit nervous with the event scheduled for less than 3 weeks from now.

Anesthesia is a wonderful thing when they administer it. You feel worried now but not once you are medicated just before the surgery. It’s also good news that you are improving and they are able to operate. Optimistic outcome.

I’m up too at 3 am.
I think I am translating my worry more into thinking of things I want to get done before the surgery. I am not scared of the surgery but am just hoping the outcome goes well. They said there are more risks of swelling/nerve damage associated with removing my lymph nodes than the breast surgery. I had nerve damage in my right hand/arm (pinched nerve?) from my 2015 operation but it finally healed (it took more than a year). This surgery will affect my left arm (which is better because nerve damage flairs up when you use it) and I am right handed.

Three AM is my normal wake up time. It has been that way for decades. I always looked at getting up early as time for myself to think, plan and do what I want.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Travelinglady