View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 08, 2020 at 11:18 AM

I do not identify with either side politically even though I am American. However, the abundance of political discussion here has led me to speak.

At any given time there is roughly half of the nation that feels their political and moral positions are not supported by the leaders in office. Roughly half of the people feel their views are not respresented or respected properly. That is a high level of dissatisfaction and both sides argure the views of the others as false and propaganda machines. It was sad to me when the democrats were on the losing end and it is sad to me now that the republicans find themselves in the same boat. While I am happy that so many of my fellow Americans are enjoying the feelings of victory and relief, I am mindful that many are now feeling the same fear their counterparts felt four years ago.

That said, I feel it could potentially be beneficial to all of the views represented here if we could leave the political discussion out of this thread. It is one thing to check in with feelings of joy or relief. It is another to express one's opinions in detail.

In the event people wish to discuss politics there are a wide variety of outlets. I'd even support a dedicated political thread. There may even be one on PC already. I just feel like what is possibly intended as 'education' or a correction of other's viewpoints could also be said to be completely subjective. There are infinite counterpoints and positions to adopt - hence the fact we live in a nation so divided.

This thread has historically been a place of support and a place to just be. There is typically less judgment of views even though it happens from time to time. I sense things are swaying out of balance to an extent and wanted to ask that we all consider the needs of everyone who might participate. I recognize some will disagree, but wanted to toss that out for consideration.

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, Blue_Bird, WastingAsparagus