View Single Post
dsmith
dsmith has no updates.

8 yr Member
102 hugs
given
Default Nov 09, 2020 at 11:47 AM

I'm sorry to be so negative, but this is the only place I feel I can vent.

This weekend just seemed to accelerate, in terms of difficulty.

He keeps making a mess all over the place, holing up in his room, eating chocolate in our bed and contaminating the sheets. We had mice and flies all over the place.

He has to be prodded to do his weekly chores:
- Cleaning the "potty area" where our beloved little dog "does his business," and never does it properly.
- Taking out the trash. And when he actually does it, he puts in the wrong part of the driveway. The waste disposal company never picks it up because it's in the wrong place.

My wife had surgery this past weekend and needed some peace and quiet as she recovered. She was watching a show that she liked. He never hangs out with the family, unless it's to eat. He hurtled in like a disgusting Tasmanian devil, demanded breakfast, and then commanded her to turn off the TV because it was annoying him.

I know my wife recognizes the problem, but she's trying to minimize her stress; her blood pressure was very elevated and she has high blood pressure. So whenever I voice my frustration with our idiot son, she starts hyperventilating and tells me she can't handle the stress. Which compounds my frustration because it feels like we're sweeping things under the rug until they finally explode.

I don't want to stress my wife further, and I know she cares deeply for him. She's been his staunchest advocate ever since he was born, and looks out for him because she knows the struggles he's been through. I also symphathize. He is my son, and obviously I have to support him. However, it's the most trying, frustrating thing when you keep telling someone to do something and they can't seem to get it through their thick, lice-infested head.

We are going to try biofeedback with a local neurologist - What Is Biofeedback and How Does It Work?. Has anyone tried this? It seems like one of many high-priced, useless techniques, but at this point I need to do something before I totally lose it. I don't want history to repeat itself: I was a very difficult child - more in terms of rebellion than total incompetence - and my mom constantly flipped out at me. It scarred me for life, and that's the last thing I want for him. I mean he's my son, so I guess I'm supposed to love him right?

Medications:
Lamictal
Lyrica
ECT - once / month
dsmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote