View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 10, 2020 at 01:06 AM

If your wife is truly sorry, forgive her. Your marriage can survive this. I know couples whose marriages survived infidelity. These couples went on to have marriages that were strong again. You can too, if your wife is sincerely remorseful. You didn't marry a saint or an angel. Your wife is human. Your illness has been hard for her to cope with. She strayed. But she came back. If she says now that she truly loves you, can you believe her? If she is wanting to love you again, let her. She may end up being a better wife to you than if the infidelity had never occurred. Don't cheat yourself of that.

It says in the bible that "one who is forgiven much loves much." Read Luke 7:36 - 7:50. It is called "the parable of the two debtors." Seriously. Read this and pray on it. I offer this to you because you say you are a good Christian. If your wife still loves you, don't throw away 24 years and family unity over one sin, even though it was a serious sin.

I hope the two of you can work things out. Live in the present. Let go of what is over, if it is truly over. Don't keep feeding mental energy into what is past. Stop comparing yourself to your wife. You have never been in her exact circumstances. None of us know what we would do in the face of stresses and temptation that we have not been subjected to. Stop telling yourself how much better than her you are. You both have something to learn about real love. Read 1 Corinthians 13. Love can forgive all.
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Here we go again

Thanks for this!
AZ Dad 1979