View Single Post
DarkWillow117

Member Since Nov 2020
Default Nov 10, 2020 at 03:40 AM

The only thing that ever consistently "works" for me is gabapentin when I'm in a flare up. And I put works in quotes because it usually just takes the edge off the pain for me. I get pain behind my ears, which maybe sounds weird, but it's my first indicator of a flare up, and when it's bad, I wake up feeling like a truck hit me. Stress, over exertion, etc - are triggers, but unpredictable. I'm dealing with recent trauma, so flare ups have been a bit more frequent lately.
I'm hyposensitive also, so part of my issue is I probably could treat better if I caught it earlier, but I don't feel things until they really hurt. In fact, I was diagnosed because I started having fog and cognitive issues that felt scary enough to seek out a diagnosis - more than the pain.
If you decided to try gabapentin again, because it worked at one point - maybe talk to your doc and see if they have any ideas on time of day or spreading out the dosage throughout the day, etc. Maybe something that's sort of timed for certain times of the day would help.
I hope you figure something out and get some relief.
DarkWillow117 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady