View Single Post
unlived

Member Since Mar 2013
Default Nov 10, 2020 at 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
There are towns and cities (my town is one) that are implementing crisis management teams. No ambulance (for threatened suicide), no cops. The crisis team is a trained mental health team of 2 that will go to the person's home (or wherever the person is located) and talk with them. The mental health team is not uniformed, nor do they carry weapons.

I am excited about the implementation of such a program in my town. I would never admit to being suicidal again, never. Not to anyone. I never want anyone wearing a uniform called on me again. A lot of people think they're being helpful by calling 911, but they are not.

We have something like that in some places in Australia. It’s called COMHET (community mental health emergency team). They come out and see you and assess you and take you to hospital if you need it. The police / ambulance still get involved though if you refuse to go and they think you’re a danger. COMHET also manages you in the community (psychiatrist / home visits etc) for a short while.
unlived is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote