Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 11, 2020 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ DAD1975 View Post
AZ DAD - We need to connect. I'm two weeks into the worst hell of my life. My wife has been having an affair for over two years with her boss who is a convicted child molester and obvious predator. I'm so filled with rage and hurt its overwhelming. The gas-lighting, the lies, the deceit. So many layers, so messy. 7 kids, blended family. Turns out she's a clinical "sex-addict" resulting from her sexual abuse as a child and she starts an outpatient rehab program this week. Great for her, glad she's getting some help. Now she has her "excuse". Its a reason not a justification. While I'm sitting here, sick and broken. Cant eat, cant sleep.

Surprise, AZ
I am very sorry AZ!! It's extremely traumatic when we go along for years thinking we know another person and can love and trust that person and are suddenly exposed to an entire different side to the person we never knew existed.

I can see you have a lot of anger and at times rage which is more outrage about the entire situation itself. I have experienced that with my older sister and the more that was revealed the worse the reality really was. Sometimes this new side you did not know existed is simply something you cannot ignore and even if you want to figure out how to save that good side that you loved and trusted, the bad is just so awful that the only choice is to walk away completely. Yet, there is also a deep grieving like an actual death to the person that existed in your mind that you thought was safe to love.

I know for myself I assumed that I would have an older sister friendship relationship that would continue after my parent's passed away, instead I ended up experiencing a side of my sister that was so horrible that it deeply traumatized me repeatedly.

I believe you when you say that you wanted to have a relationship and family you had not had yourself. I believe you thought that's what you had too. I honestly can't blame you for how hard this reality has hit you. Who could know something like this?? It would shock anyone. It's understandable that you can't be intimate and that even the thought of it upsets you deeply.

The other huge challenge in this picture is what does one do for the children involved? This is going to be confusing and hard for them too.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AZ Dad 1979