View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2020 at 08:31 AM

There is something called a "grumbling or rumbling" appendix. its on and off pain that sometimes spikes and subsides over a long(ish) period of time. This is because the appendix was slowly enlarging and sort of on the cusp- maybe going bad, maybe becoming inflamed but not bursting. My son had his appendix out when he was 7. His grandma and aunt when they were 12. My daughter, when she was about 14 or 15 started having pains like this. We would take her to the doctors and they would brush it off and she would suffer. She had colonoscopys, cat scans and ultrasounds. None of those showed anything significant. The whole time i knew it was her appendix. She had referred pain on the left side and sometimes around the belly button and all the "professionals" said it couldnt be her appendix. We went to the ER like 4 times. Finally the last time they gave her something in the hospital for pain. I decided I was sick of it. The surgeon who did my sons' appendix and my husband's gallbladder was amazing. Keep in mind my son was then 17 at the time so our first encounter with this surgeon was 10 years prior. We went into the office he said he was pretty convinced it had to do with her appendix. He set her up for exploratory and if it showed anything we signed forms for him to do an appendectomy. He gave me a little something to give her for the pain until a week later for the surgery. When he came back to talk to us he said her appendix was huge. He cant believe no one saw it or took us seriously. He cant believe it took this long (6-8 weeks) for anyone to suggest this. And thats when we learned about rumbling/grumbling/chronic appendicitis.

Chronic Appendicitis: Symptoms, Causes, and More

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna