ShaneG
Account Suspended

Member Since Jul 2020
371 hugs
given
Default Nov 12, 2020 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I recovered from a major psychosis last year. I had never been through anything like it before and never expected to ever go through something like it. This here is a list of things I thought/believed while in my psychosis:

1. The main delusion was that I believed people were watching me somehow. At first I thought people were just watching me through my webcam and/or cell phone camera. Then it evolved into me believing there were cameras in the walls ALL OVER my house. Then my delusions got much bigger - I thought perhaps there was a satellite camera in space capturing my every move. I had classic "Truman Show" Syndrome. Like the movie The Truman Show, I believed my life was a sort of television show and that people had been watching me every day for years.

2. At first I thought only one person was stalking me - and then wanting to kill me for some reason. Then it evolved into thinking the ILLUMINATI was targeting me. Or perhaps some kind of murder group on the Dark Web.

3. I was a member of a different Internet forum. I became convinced the members of this forum were not who they claimed to be. I thought the forum was a "front" for something more evil and sinister. Again, either Dark Web stuff or Illuminati or something evil.

4. I became convinced that THE ENTIRE INTERNET was devoted to watching my life unfold and that everything written in the media and shown on TV -- commercials, shows, news, etc -- was CRYPTICALLY about me. I began seeing the number "12" everywhere and was convinced "12" was a secret Illuminati code number. This was so weird that to this day, I still get worried when I see someone say "12" online.

5. I thought that Donald Trump was like an avatar being used to represent me, and that I was the real President of the United States, and that every move I made dictated how the world stage was going to unfold.

6. I thought that comic strips and newspaper articles cryptically were created to speak of and talk about me.

7. Biggest delusion -- I thought someone, or a group of people, snuck into my room at night, chloroformed me while I was asleep, and injected me with millions of cancer cells while I slept. I thought I had cancer growing in my body. Brain cancer, lung cancer, male breast cancer, testicular cancer - I thought I was going to get it all. And I thought it was going to start showing itself in the springtime -- when it started to get warm and hot outside. I was deathly afraid that heat was going to cause cancer to pop out of my body - that I would get sick and die in the summer months, be dead by fall. I was convinced that people on the internet everywhere knew this and were cryptically talking about it.

8. I thought my family were aliens from outer space intent to kill me.

9. I thought I had "handlers" that followed me everywhere I went, and lived on my street in a different house (I never knew which one).

There's other stuff, but I can't think of it all, and it's been awhile since I had these delusions. I had no health insurance and wanted to get checked out by a doctor. I committed myself to a mental hospital last year and stayed only a week. I was prescribed Abilify and Prozac (later Rexulti instead of Abilify). MY DELUSIONS WENT AWAY. Not in the hospital, but after I came home. Strangely, they seemed to get better once I started the Prozac.

I never believed I was crazy. I didn't expect psychiatry to work.

BUT IT DID. And I'm a sane person again today.
Would love to know how common these experiences are amongst us, very good post. THX
ShaneG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote