View Single Post
Sangwoah
Newly Joined

Member Since Nov 2020
Default Nov 13, 2020 at 01:52 AM

All my life, I figured there had to be something “off” about me.
No discipline?
My grades were trash all through elementary and middle school. I was constantly getting in trouble me for talking/doodling instead of paying attention.
The only reason I had good grades in high school was because my HS was the kind that you could get me easy As as long as u turn SOMETHING in. (Cheating lol)
Anxiety?
My social skills are trash, as I’m constantly thinking about what to say (forget not being able to focus, I just NEVER know what to say. I don’t want to look like I’m trying to hard) , while also thinking about whatever it is I think about( usually two second long thoughts of no relevance), while also thinking about what I WISH I could be talking about( because no one really talks about stuff I want to talk about) ,while also trying to convince myself that I’m NOT being weird, I’m not hated by whoever I’m talking to, etc. (anxiety?)

Procrastination!!!
Now that I’m in college, getting work done is impossible. I will procrastinate until the very last minute, and even then I have to spend at least a few hours mentally preparing myself to do a simple homework assignment. I was usually able to eventually get stuff done my freshman year (with much effort), but this year, it’s either a hit or miss. I either do it or I don’t and there’s really no way of knowing which.
Forgetful!
I’m just really slow. I’ve always hated getting new jobs because I know following verbal instructions is one of my many weaknesses. I will zone out during instructions, especially when I am making a conscience effort to pay attention. I forget stuff quickly. I will have to read an order (I’m a barista) after every single step because I won’t remember the next one despite seeing it seconds ago.
There’s a lot more, but this is getting too long... I feel like I have to have anxiety or depression or SOMETHING
I am on the adhd thread but I don’t specifically think it’s adhd. I don’t really have the “racing thoughts” because I have no idea what that means. I’m usually just thinking g about random and normal things and many anxious thoughts in between ( so what I’m really suspecting is more like anxiety or autism or something). I usually zone out when I’m not doing anything that requires focus, but everyone does that. I
I’m just always unmotivated, unable to focus on things that matter, overly anxious about EVERYTHING (literally every task is a combination of a million little things I dread doing.),
I am too broke for a therapist so I’ve been trying to self diagnose for the past year or so ( which is when I became aware of myself tbh)
So anything helps!
Sangwoah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks