Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2020 at 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantome View Post
I've always been a little on the heavier side; I just have a curvy body. My BMI has always been in the normal range though, until maybe a month ago when I went to the doctor for a milk sensitivity. I gained 15 pounds, which was enough to push my BMI into the overweight category.

The real problem is, I'm planning to major in dance in college, but I have to audition, and as an athlete, being overweight is a big no-no. Obviously ballerinas have a stigma of being skinny, but there's some logic behind it. You can't leap as high or be as light on your feet if you're heavy, and for every extra pound, pointe work becomes 10x harder.
I assume you exercise since youre a dancer. Do you feel dancing has become harder?
Quote:
I can also see it in my body now, especially my stomach, and I feel so ugly and fat. I never really liked my body in the first place, but now I hate how I look so much.
Try not to focus on a part of your body that you think the weight has affected. Despite how it may look people rarely only gain weight in one part. Focusing on a part that we feel makes us "ugly" perpetuates the fear and depression on it and IMO can trigger something in the brain that affects our overall ability to change.
Quote:
I have to lose at least the 15 pounds I gained soon, but it's nearly impossible. I'm trying to count my calories, but I've been eating way too much lately, because it feels like eating is the only enjoyable thing in life right now, especially unhealthy, sugary foods. How can I stop overeating and work on getting to a healthier weight sooner rather than later?
When you say soon, how long do you have?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote