Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl27 View Post
Hi everyone, since I posted here awhile ago. I have talked more with my therapist about the dissociation and next session she is going to do some test to see how much it really impacts my life. I feel better and not so scared as I used to be. I try to read as much as I can on this and journaling is helping me keep track of things. I am also glad i posted here it really helps to feel support here. Thank you.
its great to hear you are doing better, and that you have a great therapist who is helping you to understand your PTSD and test you to see how much ptsd with dissociation is affecting your life (I read both your posts about this that you posted, first the other one now this one)

for me I was really glad back in 2013 when the APA added dissociation as part of the diagnostics for PTSD for I had some special dissociation problems that happened only when my PTSD (anxiety, depression, nightmares, flashbacks...) were active, where before 2013 they were considered things like psychosis or just not considered at all. now when I tell people I have a PTSD disorder they understand why I am feeling the way that I do.

you will find that this may give you some answers and help you to heal and take care of your PTSD better after knowing which of your problems goes with which part of your PTSD and how severe. going through testing gave me the answers my therapist and I needed that enabled us to come up with a wonderful treatment plan that worked so well for me that I very rarely have PTSD problems. the nightmares, flash backs anxiety all got addressed and skills/ therapy tools added so now I am no longer diagnosed with PTSD disorders.

wishing you good luck on your tests.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
Taylor27