catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer111 View Post
Hi there. New to this site and desperate for some advice.
I am not Bipolar but I really need the advice of someone with experience of Lithium.
I had a major depressive episode and was put on Lithium - and had been on Mirtazipine (Remeron) also previous to Lithium.
I stabilised and have been on these 2 medicines since. However, I am sure that me stabilising was due to other factors (not meds related)
However, I have completely lost libido and have noticed myself to be increasingly flat and lacking feeling.
The good thing is that I am sleeping well. But i desperately want to get OFF Lithium. Is it likely that the LITHIUM is helping me sleep or is it Mirtazipine ?
I am hoping it is the Remeron as I am tempted to losing the Lithium.
Does Lithium help some people sleep?
Would love some advice.

(Apologies if I am posting in the incorrect place - I couldnt find a way of creating a new thread)

Hi fer111, Welcome to PC

I don't personally have experience with lithium, except that I thought it was prescribed more commonly for manic episodes, not so much for depression. I was on Remeron some years ago...I think it was for anxiety. I don't recall much about it, except that it didn't do much except cause weight gain.

It sounds like your diagnosis is depression and anxiety? Did your pdoc mention "agitated depression"? I'm just wondering about why the lithium.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote