View Single Post
RavenGirl1990

Member Since Nov 2020
Trig Nov 16, 2020 at 09:55 AM

Hi,

I started a new job about three months ago. I have both long sleeves and short sleeves I can wear. Well I was wearing a shot sleeve that day. Well not long after I started, I had a coworker come in, and stared at me. This is the first time we met, and I know she had stared cause of the scars. Anyway, the next day, I wore a long sleeve thankfully, and got called into my program manager’s office. He told me that a coworker told him that I had cuts on my arm and that my coworker who was concerned didn’t know how to bring it up to me.

Anyway, he asked if they could do anything for me and I said no, and if I needed anything to let them know. He gave me the number to call the EAP if I ever needed it. And I knew ever since then that I didn’t want to stay there forever.

I am a lot bitter about it. Because I had scars showing not fresh cuts. Any other work place if I had fresh cuts, I kept them covered.
Anyway, am I wrong to feel that the issue should have never been brought up? And I don’t know if my coworker told other people or not. I am a firm believer that if my self harm scars bother you or make you uncomfortable, then simply don’t look at me. I mean if I wanted people to see any fresh cuts at any point, I would have shown them.
RavenGirl1990 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01