View Single Post
fantome

Member Since Nov 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Nov 16, 2020 at 11:39 AM

I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I've never had problems with SH per se, but I do have a lot of skin picking issues that we don't know the exact cause of. My psychiatrist has suggested anxiety, SH, or an OCD-type compulsion, but she doesn't know for sure either. Anyway, my point is I know what it feels like to "not be able to stop." Theoretically yes I could stop, but like I honestly can't, even though I want to. I also understand wanting to hurt others as a first-thought reaction but not like really wanting to. I've had those thoughts too and they're kind of scary. Luckily mine are just flashes and go away because I'm really not an angry person, depression has just made me a lot more irritable than I used to be.

You are not alone, friend. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Have you talked to any type of T for anger management that might help? They might be able to help you find a way to express and release your anger without hurting anyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
fantome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote