View Single Post
dsmith

Member Since Mar 2015
102 hugs
given
Default Nov 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM

I wish I were more agile and adaptable. There are some workers in our house, painting the study I usually work in. I have a work setup that I really value, but took for granted: a dual monitor, external mouse, stand, and an external keyboard.

Because they’re doing work in the room, I have to work in another room. It’s been miserable. I need a lot of space, because I have to write everything down to manage things.

Also, my short term memory is terrible. Unless information is right in front of me, it vanishes. Kind of like Dory in Finding Nemo.

It’s a vicious cycle: I reach for the easiest target for my attention – e.g., the latest debacle that our idiot president has mired himself into, emails, social media. And then I’m more behind and beating myself up.

I just wish I could adapt better: I’m not always going to have that ideal setup. This is one of the (many) reasons I failed so miserably in the work world: I was so easily distracted when meeting with people. Hypersensitivity: every single solitary noise or smell annoyed the bejesus out of me.

Back to work.

Medications:
Lamictal
Lyrica
ECT - once / month
dsmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Innerzone, Mountaindewed, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
*Beth*