View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 19, 2020 at 08:18 AM

Seroquel or Seroquel XR. I have never had akathisia from them, nor has either ever caused me other forms of EPS or hyperprolactinemia. My psychiatrist also told me that Seroquel is the best in these respects, not that it is impossible for them to cause them.

I find Seroquel XR to be the most friendly of the antipsychotics I've taken. Not that it didn't/doesn't cause other side effects. It can be a weight gainer and super sedative for many, but those side effects have eased for me. The most problematic Seroquel side effect for me is elevated cholesterol, and sometimes elevated blood pressure, triglycerides, and glucose. I try to reduce them with diet/exercise, but have recently also needed medication for them. I am heading towards 50, so age is a factor, too.

The most akathisia-inducing meds I have taken were Geodon, Zyprexa, and Abilify. A few others I took caused dystonia (i.e. Navane/thiothixene) or hyperprolactinemia (Risperdal/risperidone and Invega/periperidone). A couple others had different issues.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots