seesaw grieving

8 yr Member
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2020 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

The reason I ask is sometimes medication can exacerbate symptoms. So while his current med might not be helping its possible that another med might. i dont know if I necessarily agree that his anger and outbursts are because he is not allowed to feel his anger or express it at least not completely. One of the hallmarks of adhd is this type of anger. it does have to do a lot with emotional regulation issues but IMO it is something with both a physical sort of cause and behavioral sort of cause. I think its also something that can sometimes remain in check-almost like remission and then flare up when triggered.

Dealing with Anger in Teens with ADHD: Advice for Parents
My problem is that they are treating his adhd, which is neurodivegence, as bad behavior and trying to punish it to fix it, instead of help him deal with it in a healthy way.

I do think the AD he is on is particularly problematic as well.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes