View Single Post
Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2020 at 07:19 PM

So I’m struggling right now so I’m not the best to ask. I wax and wane between accepting and not. I’ve suspected that I’ve had this for about 24 years. Thank-you middle school health class. The first time I was officially dx’d my son was 3 so 15 years ago. I have trouble accepting I can’t work, and without my husband would need assistance to survive. I recently realized I know no one outside my family. I am smart, funny, and ultra kind and forgiving. I don’t think I would be as forgiving without this disorder. My son was raised with acceptance and unconditional love that most people dream of. My therapist says this dr will stabilize me but I have yet to have a long period stable….ever. My son has the knowledge that he will be loved and can’t disappoint us as long as he’s happy and working towards health. Which free’s him up to follow his dreams. I’m working towards being healthy. My life has stabilized even though I still have mood/psychosis issues. I understand H more and he understands me more. So we have a stronger relationship than when we first met. This disorder made us slow our lives down and appreciate the small victories. I can’t have a house, nice car, new things, credit card, cable, or most things others have. I have to live by keeping it simple but what I do have I cherish. I live like the world’s going to crumble any second because for me it can. I don’t know any different and I’m okay with it.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, BipolaRNurse, bpcyclist, daladico

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, BipolaRNurse, bpcyclist, daladico