Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2020 at 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Just to let you know that i am reading wishing and hoping. I dont have much on advice. Except that, if their system is that toxic, then that is their worldview, and they will paint you with that brush.

Of course it is a good idea to change the things they can, like your nephew not being privy to your brother's teletherapy sessions. As long as somebody doesnt end up paying for it? Im saying that from my experience with my family. If i made a suggestion, they would find a way to twist it.

My mother once said to me, "why are you so concerned about your nephew? It's not your kid." I was dumbfounded. I guess for some people, the village can go suck eggs.

My heart is with you.
I certainly hope my brother is open to hearing some suggestions from me. And I don't want to pick apart his parenting. I just want to help them all communicate better and thrive.

He doesn't get that he's driving away his son right now. He doesn't want his son to disappear on him when his son turns 18. He's also a little irritating me because sometimes I want to respond, "dude, you signed up for parenthood." Sometimes it sounds like he's resentful of his son and he needs to deal with that.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna