Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2020 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonnachd View Post
I have written a short narrative of my experience with ECT for my psychiatrist to share with her prospective patients. Although it will be printed, at this stage it's just stored as a Google document. You can read it by clicking on the link below.

Narrative: ECT - Google Docs

You may wonder about the brevity. You may think, "Isn't there more to say about ECT?" Well, since it's aimed at potential patients, I've taken into consideration the state of mind they would be in at the point where ECT is recommended. They're not going to want to read a book.
Really beautiful work. It is forthright and helps to calm some of the fears potential patients may experience. I'm so glad you moved forward with your idea.

My only thought for improvement would be to briefly explain how these treatments have offered you greater balance, peace, stability, etcetera. It might be helpful to know what your state was like before going in and what it feels like now that you've had the treatment. That may not be consistent with your goals, but I thought I'd toss it out for consideration.

Again, this is excellent and I cannot say enough how important I believe this kind of work is. I say to my therapist often that she cannot fully understand unless she has lived it. You're offering a glimpse of life from the inside. That's invaluable.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Soupe du jour