View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2020 at 03:09 PM

I've seen my counselor who's not a therapist for supportive chats for about two years now.

Since about a year ago her husband and son moved to another town 300 km away and my counselor now travels there almost every weekend.

She indirectly expresses that she doesn't want to work in that town I see her, she says things like "the weekends are way too short" and she often tells about things she's unhappy about. It can be about having to travel, especially now during the pandemic, and she has said several times that she thinks she should get a laptop from her employer to be able to do work from home.

All in all she seems unhappy about her situation and that she isn't that interested in working with what she does. I don't want to be part of someone's worklife or work situation that the person doesn't really want.

I though have no other counseling options so it's not that I'm planning to cancel everything just from one week to another. But I though think about it and I don't feel I want to ask her straight out.

I think I'm right about her wanting to move but that she stays just because it's very hard to find another job. In that other town, at her age and so on.

I feel I don't want to engage that much as she seems kind of forced to stay at this facility.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote