View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Nov 24, 2020 at 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cureav View Post
Does anybody remember this feeling of fear of abandonment, unspoken or spoken, where abandonment was used by a parent as an instrument to make a child behave or do what it supposed to do?
I remember my father not wanting to speak or give any feedback to me every time he expected me to do what he wanted. I could feel his absence even he was present and it grew and took longer time as I grew older. I remember him switching the victim role with fearful father and even now I have two different conflicting feelings about it - understanding him and buried anger towards him.
Once when I was a kid we watched a movie, and it came one scene.. a man was talking to someone about his "strength" of which he was proud, that he can leave any person for good with no remorse no matter how long he knows that person. But his longtime partner was listening that conversation in shock behind the closed doors.
In that particular moment my father made a suggestion which hit me and left a strong impression. Either he said "See that! That's the strength!" or he said something similar.. but that scene stayed with me still today.
And cause his father was an alcoholic, the abandonment has a long history in my family.
Any thoughts on this topic would be helpful?
Thanks

when I was younger, (a lot younger), we used to go to the park- and at said park their was a little train ride (you put money in the train, and it took you for a few minits ride up and down)

I remember asking my mother a lot of times to go on the train, but she wouldn't let me- claiming that it's a waste of money

eventually she turned violent, and told me that if I asked her again to go on the train, she'd abandon me on a real train, and she wouldn't care where it went... that would be the last I see of her

I did keep asking, and she did abandon me on a train- kept to her word

and so started the long process of being thrown about from person to person.. like a child's toy...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, cureav, Fuzzybear, KBMK, pachyderm, TishaBuv, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
KBMK, pachyderm