View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM

Amelia, my cat, went out exploring last night around dinner time. She came slinking in with what we think was transmission fluid all over her! We immediately got her into a bath and put some dawn on her and tried to scrub it off. In the meantime I was calling the emergency vet to see if we could get her in because I didn't know if she had ingested any. After filling out a billion online forms, the emergency vet calls me and tells me just to bathe her and there's nothing they can do. She is still a hot mess. We give her another bath, this time with vegetable oil and dawn because not so helpful emergency vet said that vegetable oil or olive oil would help cling to the transmission fluid. Yeah, right. I ended up with a wet, angry, oily, dish-soapy cat. We went through a ton of towels trying to dry her off but they were getting dirty so we kept going through more towels. She is still leaking fluid from her coat this morning, all over my bed and pj's of course. I fed her though and she ate so I am reasonably sure she didn't ingest any of the transmission fluid besides maybe licking some off of her fur. She looks miserable. I am miserable. My beautiful cat looks like a drowned rat. I don't know what else to do to clean her! We found the pan of transmission fluid that she must have jumped into in my neighbors yard. It was right next to the fence. So she must have jumped over the fence and landed in it. That explains how it got on her belly. Poor Amelia! Any other ideas on how to clean her?

Hugs from:
beauflow, Blue_Bird, mote.of.soul