View Single Post
zoiecat
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
409 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2020 at 07:47 PM

Of course you need to make the ultimate decision. I know I had a melt down when my trauma T diagnosed me with DID. I did not want to have that at all. After I worked through it a bit, I actually did start communicating with my others with T help. I fought it all the way for awhile but 3 years later things are much better. If you do have DID, the others do impact your life whether you are aware of it or want to admit it or not. Working with them rather than against them makes life a lot easier. I spent the first 50 years of my life under their control. I honestly believe I would not be where I am now or probably even alive if it were not for the help of my T who has experience with DID.

In my opinion, I would go with the T who has experience with DID. Most who are familiar with DID also work with trauma as one comes from the other. People with DID usually have a range of issues suce as anxiety, depression, SUI, PSTD so I would guess that T has experience in a wide range of treatments. I could also be wrong but that is just my opinion from personal experience.
zoiecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rive1976