View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Nov 24, 2020 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I cannot stress enough how important a sleep study is for you. Because we have a mental illness we are used to having things like that dismissed because of our mental illness. It doesnt have to be that way @NaoSky. A sleep study can show you things that go beyond just not sleeping. And I do not mean a blanket diagnosis as "insomnia" Well No ***** you know you have insomnia what you need to know is what else? What happens when you sleep and what your brain waves look like. I'd share my own info but I dont want to junk up your thread.
I’d like to do a sleep study but I have a 2 year old that I’m completely attached to especially during this depression so I can’t even think about going one night without her. Maybe one of these days.... it’s just so bizarre to me. I have never had a sleep problem in almost 42 years of my life, bipolar shows up, and now that I do, I don’t know what to do. I tried the pills, but that’s not the route I want to continue since they didn’t fix anything and they eventually stopped working as well.
So what would the brain waves tell me? How would knowing that help fix the insomnia? One dr told me that when my mood improves so should my sleep, so that’s what I’m holding on to, I just don’t know how long I have to wait. My mom also has bipolar and had been dealing with it for years. She said her longest depression was a year.... so if thats what happens to me, I’m halfway there.
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote