View Single Post
Anonymous41250

Default Nov 25, 2020 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowlosingsanity View Post

It is so overwhelming to find this out and try to work through my feelings alone.

You are not alone. I've found that there are many many normal people who struggle with similar issues. In the past few years, I have sought out and stumbled on TV shows, comedians, books - both fiction and non-fiction that and more, that have been helpful in understanding Spectrum Disorders and Aspeger's Syndrome in adults. More and more I hear of the importance of emotional intelligence for not only those who live with these or other disorders, but for everyone really.

I'm going through a personal struggle because not only do I feel like I AM lacking in emotional smarts and emotional boundaries, but so are the people who I count and depend on. It's actually kinda fun to find the kid in them with hope they are able to set their own boundaries too. Most people can get serious when it's time to be serious and have fun when it's time to play. But when you're feeling in need of emotional support, it is nice to know someone can catch you, right?

I've found that involving emotional SMRTS works in difficult relationships- for work, or neighbors, whoever- people who you want to have relationships with but prove to be difficult or challenging. It is really easier to set a good example without giving too much of yourself away, without adding pressure or stress to the relationship, and allowing people to make their own decisions.

Last edited by Anonymous41250; Nov 25, 2020 at 03:33 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nowlosingsanity

Thanks for this!
Nowlosingsanity