View Single Post
Ontario

Member Since Nov 2020
Default Nov 28, 2020 at 12:06 AM

Hello, im in the middle of a divorce and thought I could put some input in something I've seen a lot of women in this chat mention.
A few have noticed a "great father" stop being one once he finds a new girlfriend.
My ex-wife did the same, she found someone new, then left me and our 2 kids behind. Even tho I knew what was going on I decided that even tho she broke her vows, I wasn't going to break mine and be there for her anyways.
One day she broke down after quiting her job and getting into some bad situations.
She told me the reason she got so distant from the kids, was that she was afraid to lose the new connection that numbed the pain of the divorce. It may be selfish but all of us in the chat have felt that pain. I never thought the person initiating the divorce would feel that too, but it seems they do. N we would all like to numb that pain. Idk if there's anyway to snap them out of it, and it sucks seeing your kids suffer through it. But maybe all you can do is try n show your kids there loved and pray it doesn't last long.

And if I may just vent a little, this is the worse thing I've ever experienced. Part of me feels like I know she can do better, and I want her to be happy so I should just let her go... but I can't, I really did become one with my wife, first thing I told anyone was I was a happy husband and father... but now I reach out n try to talk to her and get ignored, and it makes me just break down everytime. But then when she needs me I'm there and I feel a little relief, until I try n reach out and it starts again. I believe in every vow I made her but idk how long I can keep this up. I just feel like I did vow "for better or worse" so if its worse, then thats it. I still can't take my ring off, and have hers on a necklace that I can't get rid of.
Its nice to see others are going through it too (as mean as that sounds) but everyone i use to know seem so happy and put together, and im just, lost.
I hope everyone else going through this can get what they want, as fast as possible to get rid of this torture.
Thanks for reading. Just writing this has made me feel better, for tonight.
Ontario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote