View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 29, 2020 at 12:28 AM

Honestly, my brother is kind of being a jerk. He is just unloading and unloading and unloading on me. Like I'm some kind of emotional trashcan for him. When we talk, I try to help in the best way I know how, which is telling him what I know about this process. And he just always seems to want to yell at me about stuff. And there's nothing I can say. Honestly, I cannot do this anymore. This is why I avoid contact with most of my FOO because of this crappy way they treat each other. He got back in touch with me when he's going through a nasty divorce because he needs someone locally, family, on his side, for support. But it's all one-sided. He gets to just rip into me whenever he feels like it.

He has no clue what I go through on a daily basis with my psychiatric disabilities, and I try to help him in the best way I know how, and it's always just responding by yelling at me with all this defensiveness (when I haven't even said anything - like he says something then just starts yelling defending himself and I haven't said anything at all - and I have never said anything to at all suggest anything is his fault to be defensive over). It's all about him and his family and what they are going through. He doesn't have any clue, not one iota, of what I deal with daily.

I want to be there for him, but I cannot continue having one-sided conversations where it's all about him and his divorce and his kids. And I'm tired of being a punching bag when I'm trying to help.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, unaluna