View Single Post
Faechild

Member Since Jul 2020
2 hugs
given
Confused Nov 29, 2020 at 10:43 AM

Too often I think I am so terrified of being rejected (or I think I have nothing to offer) that I don't even try, and it's holding me back. For example, I don't really apply to many jobs because I often think I don't qualify or that I lack the skills they are looking for and I'm afraid of rejection. The very few job interviews I've been to I've struggled to "sell" myself to my prospective employers and been turned down (or rather they say they will get back to me and they never do.)

Even in multiplayer games or single player games with multiplayer functionality I struggle. For example, in Animal Crossing New Horizons you can trade items with other players online but I struggle to trade because I often think I don't have anything they want or that what I do have isn't good enough so why bother trying or even making an offer?

Even in real life, back before the pandemic hit, I struggled with making friends because I often felt that I didn't really have much to offer. Even if I wanted to approach someone and try to make friends I didn't because I was too afraid of being rejected and/or I thought that I didn't really have anything valuable to offer, any desirable personality traits that would make them like me.

It's so frustrating, I'm tired of feeling this way. I know I can't continue like this. Especially if I'm to get a job and move out of my parents' house. I need to change, but I don't know how. Does anybody have any tips please?
Faechild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro